Picking up a little orphan girl full of smiles that loves you even when she’s hardly met you
Wildflowers in mason jars
Making homemade pizza
These are the moments from my first week of being 27.
I wouldn’t have missed them for the world.
These are the simple, raw and tangible moments to savor.
Life isn’t perfect; it is full of the good times and the hard time, joy and suffering.
Life is beautiful, life is happening all around us.
It’s cherishing the details that sometimes get overlooked, those simple gestures, a touch…you never know how it may change you or another person.
A song of Ascents
1 When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
- we were like men who dreamed.
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
- our tongues with songs of joy.
- Then it was said among the nations,
- “The LORD has done great things for them.”
3 The LORD has done great things for us,
- and we are filled with joy.
4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
- like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow in tears
- will reap with songs of joy.
6 He who goes out weeping,
- carrying seed to sow,
- will return with songs of joy,
- carrying sheaves with him.
Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy….one of my favourite verses!
I was 27 when I carried my first baby… I am now almost 57! All your gratitudes are things so familiar with our days now… I congratulate you on a heart set to thanks at your young age… that is such a God gift!
beautifully said my friend!