I’m sure many of you can relate. “Oh yeah, been there, done that.”
If time allows, take a few moments to be still and know that HE is GOD. It doesn’t have to be a long time (even though that would be great). A couple days ago it was 5 minutes. Five minutes to be still before my Abba and acknowledge him. It was all I had but it was SO needed.
Remember that he is faithful. He is there. He knows what’s going on. He isn’t out of the picture. Somehow he still renews you for each day.
His mercy’s are new every morning.
He says, “My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
I defiantly am more aware of his power now.
He is all that I have.
I am clinging on to him for dear life.
He is my sustainer.
My Grandma Stanley always had The Serenity Prayer up in her kitchen. I always liked it but never really gave it that much thought. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.” The current circumstance I find myself in can’t be changed. I just need to live one day, one moment at a time clinging to him.
The Serenity Prayer
|God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Remember that God isn’t out of the picture.
Look for the little blessings. Here are a few of mine:
- my new windows lock and have screens
- The sound of my wind chims
- The cool, gentle breeze at the end of a stifling hot day
- A listening ear
- Hugs precious kids
- Good attitudes
- Time with God- Like a mentioned above, even if it’s only a few minutes, don’t forsake your time with your Heavenly Father.
- Calming Music- I’ve been ending my day with quite strands of music, Hidden in My Heart is a favorite.
- Soothing Herbal Tea- Simple herbal teas blended to relax are a favorite such a Tranquil Tisane.
- Simple Meals- Don’t try to make complicated meals, stick to the basics. Here is a collection of ideas.
- Fresh Air- Step outside and get a breath of fresh air for a few minutes, it helps to clear the mind.
- Binge- there are times that you have to loosen up a bit on your diet for the sake of sanity but don’t use it as an excuse to be glutenous.
- Put off time with God
My mom used to say the serenity prayer a lot when we were growing up. Now that I have two children of my own so do I! Thanks for the reminder to breathe and find peace. We all need serenity in our lives. Sending lots of peace and love!
oh, dear friend. i remember the long nights you and alana faced when just lesly had lice when she first arrived. i can’t imagine what you’ve been facing with that multiplied by seven. dora haircuts for everyone? 🙂 i am praying for sustained strength and renewed joy for you and that god would protect each of the girls and bring them back to health. i love you and am so, so grateful for your dedication to those girls.
Thank you for the serenity prayer. I had never seen the whole thing although very familiar with the firs four lines.
Sending you hugs and prayers that you life smooth out and you find the peace you need to go one happily.
Thank you sister for that reminder!! May the Lord embrace you in His arms!!
May the LORD embrace you in his arms as well Michelle! Blessings!