I love simple meals. Who would have thought? 😉 It’s not like I host a blog hop about them or anything. This dish came about from love for garlic and butter. I don’t make it a habit of eating those two by them selves so I needed something to show case them, enter pasta and the rest of the ingredients. A farm near me has a green house so peas are already “in season”. The best thing about this meal is that you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Garlic Pasta with Fresh Peas
1 lb brown rice pasta
1 lb italian sausage
2 cups fresh peas
1/2 small bunch of parsley
6 cloves garlic
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS grass feed butter
1 tsp unrefined salt
1. Cook pasta according to package.
2. While the pasta is cooking sauté the garlic in the butter. Once softened add the sausage, sprinkle with salt. Crumble the sausage and cook through.
3. Add the peas and cook for five minutes. Until slightly soft by not mushy.
4. Drain pasta.
5. Divide the pasta into 4 to 6 portions. Top with the meat and peas mixture.
6. Drizzle olive oil over each serving. Garnish with parsley and “sprinkle cheese”.
What is one of your favorite simple meals?