Coconut Chai Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup whole fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs (preferably pastured), beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp (or 2 tea bags) chai tea (not the sweet powdered kind)
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until throughly mixed. If the batter is too dry add a couple table spoons of coconut milk at a time until it is wet. (The batter will be thick but you don't want it dry. Coconut flour absorbs liquid like a sponge so you want to be sure to add sufficient liquid.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil or use muffin papers.
- Spoon the batter into the tin 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You will know that the muffins are done when you poke the center of a muffin with a tooth pick or fork and it comes out clean.