Chocolate Cherry Coconut Flour Muffins
- 1/2 cup sucant or 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup whole fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cherries, quartered (frozen, fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, pastured
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until throughly mixed. If the batter is too dry add a couple table spoons of coconut milk at a time until it is wet.The batter will be thick but you don't want it dry. Coconut flour absorbs liquid like a sponge so you want to be sure to add sufficient liquid.
- Gently fold in the cherries.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil or use muffin papers.
- Spoon the batter into the tin 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You will know that the muffins are done when you poke the center of a muffin with a tooth pick or fork and it comes out clean.
Do you like my little friend that thought the muffin looked good?