Sourdough Blueberry Muffins
Yield 12 -15
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- The night before:
- In a medium bowl combine the sourdough starter and whole wheat flour.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil.
- Cover with a towel and soak overnight.
- The next day:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir in the sucanat, beaten eggs, vanilla and baking soda.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill a greased muffin tin (or lined with cupcake liners), until 2/3 full. Bake for about 25 minutes until the tops are lightly brown and a toothpick or fork come out clean.
[…] to the next meal but I’m a grains girl (when they are prepared properly) so I like to add a sourdough muffin or piece of toast as […]