Simple Spanish Inspired Open-faced Sandwhich
Yield 4 servings
- 4 slices of rustic sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 oz sliced chorizo
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- Pour 1/4 cup of the olive oil is a large skillet, bring to medium heat. Add the slices of bread and fry on each side until lightly browned, about two minutes on each side. Remove and set aside
- Pour a little extra oil in the skillet if needed. Fry the eggs to your liking. Sprinkle the eggs with 1/4 tsp of salt. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the skillet and saute the tomato slices, sprinkle them with the remaining salt. Add the chiozo to warm.Remove from heat.
- Divide the chorizo between the four pieces of toast. Next layer each toast with the tomatoes. Top the toast with the eggs.
- Serve with a side salad and green olives.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/simple-spanish-inspired-openfaced-sandwhich/