Are you new to real food? Do you feel overwhelmed by opening tombs like Nourishing Traditions? Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of my favorite cookbooks. There have been time that I wished I could have digested all the information a little slower, in bit size pieces. Real Food Basics is the book I wish I would have had back when I stated my nourishing real food journey.
The first addition of Real Food Basics was released in the fall of 2010. Today the fully revised second addition is being released! I had the privilege of review the book as well as photographing some of the recipes. 🙂
I know that you are going to love this new addition!
- Updated and re-ordered baby steps, to better reflect the realities of a real food newbie
- Additional information on grains, including soaking
- Additional “resources” and links to tutorials
- Updated kitchen tools list
- Updated shopping guide
- Updated information on sugars and sweeteners
- 6 delicious new recipes (5 that were never before published anywhere!)
- New allergy-friendly icons, so you know which recipes are appropriate for your family!
- New pictures of recipes
- Overall updated “look and feel,” making the book prettier and more user-friendly