Pumpkin Spice Mocha
- 2 cups raw milk (or milk or milk substitute of your choice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup very strong coffee/coffee substitute
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt
- vanilla maple whipped cream (optional)
- Heat your milk in a small saucepan. (If you are using raw milk and want to preserve the enzymes do not heat above 110.)
- While the milk is heating, mix the remaining ingredients minus the espresso in a small bowl, making a paste.
- Once the milk is warm, mix the cocoa paste into the espresso.
- Pour the coffee mixture into two mugs. Froth in milk with a handheld frother or in a blender. Pour the frothed milk into the mugs.
- Top with maple whipped cream and extra pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/pumpkin-spice-mocha/