Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte, Hygge in a Cup
From-Scratch Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte: Better than the Coffee Shop
This latte takes only minutes to make; you don’t even have to leave the house! It is a perfect drink all by itself or with a fluffy sourdough pumpkin cinnamon roll. If you have a few minutes, treat yourself to this seasonal latte and a good book!
There are a few reasons to wrap your hands around a latte you made at home…
- The perfect touch of fall
- Full of real food ingredients
- Hygge in a mug
- No need to leave the house
- It saves a pretty penny
- Simply delicious!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yield 2 servings
Sweet and creamy with just the perfect balance of spices, this healthy pumpkin spice latte made with real pumpkin is just waiting to warm you on a crisp autumn day.
- 3 cups raw milk, or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of unrefined salt
- Heat the milk in a saucepot over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. If you are using raw milk you want to keep the temperature no higher than 110 F. Otherwise the health benefits will be depleted.
- In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Once the milk had warm whisk in the pumpkin mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into two mugs and top with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.
(Original Recipe from November 2011)