Who doesn’t enjoy an occational drink at the local coffee shop? Even before I truly embraced coffee I enjoyed a special treat once or twice a year. When drinks are that chocolatey and sugary sometimes it’s easy to miss the coffee!
It’s no secret that I love crafting coffee drinks at home. It allows me to have all the flavor but get do away with the less than stellar ingredients you find when you go out.
The last “fancy” coffee I had out was a java chip frapuccino, since that day I have not been able to get it out of my head. Hence where this delightful treat came into play.
It is slightly sweet allowing the coffee to still shine. I like to use coffee ice cubes in my drinks. It really does make all the difference!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can modify it to suit your eating style. Dairy-free or keto? Swap the raw milk for coconut milk.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk + 1 cup water
- Vanilla stevia instead of vanilla extract and maple syrup
- Stevia sweetened chocolate chips instead of regular
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk + 1 cup water or a nut milk
- Coconut whipped cream instead of traditional whipped cream
Real Food Java Chip Fauxccino
- 2 cups raw milk (coconut milk or other milk of choice)
- 8 coffee ice cubes
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 2 TBS maple syrup (or 10 drops liquid stevia)
- 2 TBS mini chocolate chips (can use Lily's for sugar-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- vanilla whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Place the milk, coffee ice cubes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired.