Breakfast sausage, what’s not to love about it? If it comes from the store there is generally plenty of reasons to not. Many contain fillers, MGS, and corn syrup. There are some decent brands out there but they have a pricy tag. Homemade breakfast sausage patties are so simple and less expensive to make that there are few reasons to hand over hard-earned cash for the ones from the store.
If you missed the confession a couple of months ago I’ll clue you in, I love sausage! There are few forms that I have yet to meet that I didn’t like. If you don’t want breakfast patties, these breakfast sausage crumbles with help you say goodbye to your favourite tube verities. It is amazing in gravy!
These sausage patties have a slight hint of maple from the syrup and just the right balance of savory from the dried sage and unrefined salt. For me it’s the perfect sausage. Many recipes call for more spice but for these breakfast sausage patties I like to keep it simple.
I’ve been making these homemade turkey breakfast sausage patties for years now. They are my go to for quick and tasty protein in the morning which is vital in my book. They can be added to a homemade sourdough biscuit or English muffin for quick on the go meal or paired with eggs and hash browns for a lazy morning at home.
My personal favourite way to eat these simple homemade turkey breakfast sausage patties is sandwiched in an English muffin with lots of butter and a fried egg. If you are looking for more ideas to serve them with I LOVE my friend Red and Honey’s The Breakfast Revolution ebook!
Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 lb ground chicken, turkey or pork
- 2 TBS coconut oil or lard
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- In a bowl mix the ground meat, salt, pepper, sage and maple syrup.
- Form into patties size of your choice. I use about 2 tablespoons of meat, pressed to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat the fat of choice in a skillet. Add as many sausage patties as you can fit comfortably in the skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side. Be sure to check one to ensure that it is completely cooked.