It’s never a good idea to go all in when it comes to leading a healthy life. You will end up burned out and feeling more unhealthy than when you started. That’s why baby steps are such an important thing. Diving in head first may work for a bit but talking everything at once is a bit much.
Eventually you will get to a point where you are doing more of the things you want to do but it comes from taking things one step at a time. There are many things that I would LOVE to be amazing at but I’m still not there. Take gardening for example. Yes, I have gardened over the years but it was never a huge success. Hopefully I will get to a point where I have a beautiful garden like my Grandpa Stanley’s but for now I will be happy with my herbs and a vegetable plant or two.
Baby Steps to Healthy Living
Baby steps to healthy living will look different for everyone. We are all in a different part of our healthy living journies. Please don’t compare yourself to some one else. Comparing either breeds discouragement or pride, neither of which are good things.
I want to share with you a few things that I started with, slowly adding things as I went. Step by step is they way to go. The little changes won’t feel nearly as overwhelming as sudden huge changes. Husbands and children will generally respond better to baby steps as well. Remember to have grace on yourself and your family.
- Look through your cupboards and get rid of some of the packages that have the longes ingredient lists.
- On your next trip to the store add a few new healthy products to your cart that you have been wanting to try.
- Eliminate unhealthy oils and replace them with a healthy fat.
- Think of one over-the counter-drug you have in the house and replace it will herbs or an essential oil.
- Think of the cosmetics and beauty care products you use the most. Slowly as time and finances allows replace your chemical filled ones with natural ones you have bought or made yourself.
- Look through the cupboards. Those are full of toxins as well. Find a natural replacement for each product at a time.
- Get active. This could be taking a walk around your neighborhood. Taking your kids to the park and pushing them on the swing.
Before you know it you will find yourself adding more and more changes to your routine. You will feel more healthy and have more energy as well!
Please remember it’s baby steps not a race. It is fun if there is a friends who wants to join you along the way. You can be an encouragement to each other and inspire each other on with what you have learned!
Leave a Reply