Photo Credit: jeff_golden
You have a fever, what do you do?
Do you pop a fever reducer to help it go down or do let the fever run its course?
Here’s the deal, fevers are not inherently bad. They are letting us know that there is something wrong with our body. It is the body’s way of fighting off the infection.
Let’s look at some reason why you might not want to treat a fever and 5 ways to treat a fever naturally before you decide to go the conventional route.
Reasons You Might Not Want to Treat a Fever
- Fever reducers prevent the body from doing its job to heal the body. (Read more here)
- Fever reducers can potentially harm the body. (Read more here) There are situations where fevers may spike even higher once the effects of the reducer wear off to heal the body.
There are times when you do want to treat a fever:
- When a fever is over 104.5. If it is over 105 and showing no signs of going down with natural treatment consider a trip to the ER.
- In children between the ages of 3 months to 3 years with a temperature of 102.4 or higher.
- In babies under 3 months with temperature or 100.4 or higher.
To find out more join me at Modern Alternative Health!