Run out of coffee? Trying to stay away from sugar? Instant keto coffee mix saves the day while not compromising on flavor or nutrition.
No one wants to run out of coffee. It’s a sad, sad day when that happens. Even if you aren’t a caffeine addict a cup of coffee in the morning is just, nice. It’s that beautiful ritual that helps you start the day.
So what are your options? No coffee? Most likely. Or gasp, heaven forbid… Instant coffee.
Instant coffee you either love it for hate it. If you love it, most might think you are crazy, if you hate it well, you might be a coffee snob. I may have dreams of roasting my own beans so decide for yourself which camp I fall into.
When you can have freshly ground coffee from small-batch roasted coffee beans, why would you even think of using instant coffee? Travel, work, really busy day, those all fit the bill. Sometimes you simply want coffee and you want it fast.
Some people drink coffee for the caffeine, others for the flavor. I am all in it for the flavor. If it doesn’t taste good then what’s the point? You want to like what you are putting into your body after all.
Sure you could have a jar of instant coffee and a canister of non-dairy creamer on hand but have you seen the ingredient list? It’s nowhere near being real food which is what I aim for most of the time. If I’m going to enjoy the 20% of the 80-20 rule you better believe it is going to be tempura broccoli or something like that and not creamers. We all have our vises.
Plus I do like to make most things from scratch. You probably do too, otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this. 😉
There are several reasons for wanting to make instant keto coffee mix at home.
- Instant coffee sticks are full of sugar
- Have you seen the price for instant keto coffee mix?
- You know exactly what is in it
- Making instant coffee mix is so easy!
- It’s a fun and simple gift
Instant keto coffee mix takes only minutes to whip up if you have the right ingredients on hand. The most unusual ingredient in the recipe is powdered coconut milk. It’s the base for my instant hot cocoa mix and is great to have on hand when you get a pinch and realize that you are out of coconut milk when you planned a Thai curry for dinner.
Thanks to places like Amazon and Azure Standard it’s easy to get your hands on everything in this recipe.
Good Food Stories gave me the idea of using cocoa powder in the mix to balance the bitterness from the instant coffee. Apparently it’s a trick that Trader Joe’s has up their sleeves.
Not Keto? Neither am I. Yet, I try to watch my sugar intake. You can simply swap the keto sweetener blend for whatever sugar you prefer like coconut sugar or sucanat.
Quick and Easy Recipes:
- Instant Dairy-free Hot Cocoa Mix
- Instant Raspberry Hot Cocoa Mix
- Instant Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- Frothy Better Than Bulletproof Coffee
Instant Keto Coffee Mix
- 1 cup powdered coconut milk
- 1/2 cup instant coffee
- 1/4 cup Dietz Sweet or Monk Fruit Sweetner
- 1/4 cup collagen
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Add all the ingrdients to a jar. Shake to mix.
- To make, add 2-3 tablespoons of keto coffee mix to a mug and pour in 1 1/4 cups of water just off the boil. Stir until the mix is disolved. Or if desired, blend on high to make it frothy.
- If desired add addtional alternative sweetner.