- 4-ounce dark glass spray bottle
- 30 drops essential oils of your choice (lavender, geranium, cedarwood, citronella, or tea tree) To make a blend, use 10 each of three different oils.
- 1-ounce witch hazel
- 3 ounces distilled or boiled water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin (optional, add for as skin softening thickener)
- Add the essential oils of your choice directly to the bottle.
- Pour in the witch hazel, glycerin, and water.
- Screw on the lid and store in a dark place until ready to use.
- Shake the bottle well before applying.
- Use as often as needed.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2017/08/kid-safe-essential-oil-bug-repellent.html