Homemade Chilie Mocha
- 2 cups raw milk (or milk substitute of choice)
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1- 2 TBS sucanat (or sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a small sauce pot, heat the milk over low heat. If you are using raw milk be sure not to heat over 110 degrees.
- Mix the cocoa powder, sucanat, cinnamon, cayenne, paprika, and unrefined salt in a small bowl. Add the espresso/coffee and vanilla. Stir in to make a thick paste.
- Add the cocoa paste to the warm milk. Wisk until smooth.
- Pour into two cups, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with additional cinnamon and cayenne if desired.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2016/10/homemade-chilie-mocha.html