Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock (bone broth)
- 2 18oz jars crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 1/2 TBS sucanat
- 2 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat, sprinkle with salt and cook until almost translucent.
- Add the garlic and dried herbs. Cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, salt, and sucanat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Using an emersion blender blend until smooth. Or you can allow the soup to cool and blend in two to three batches in a blender.
- Add coconut milk (or cream) and stir to mix. Heat for about 2 more minutes or until hot.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2016/02/creamy-nourishing-tomato-soup.html