Breaded Italian Chicken with Peas in a White Wine Reduction
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh/frozen peas or two sliced green bell peppers
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Mix the flour, salt, garlic powder, basil, and oregano is a shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Cook the chicken on each side for about 5 minutes. Until it is a crispy light brown.
- Add the chicken broth, white wine, and butter to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minute, then add the peas (or green peppers).
- Simmer for 5 minutes, until the peas (green peppers) are just soft and the wine and broth have almost evaporated.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/07/breaded-italian-chicken-peas-white-wine-reduction.html