How to Make Crispy Hashbrowns
Yield 6 servings
Never worry about having mushy, brown hashbrowns again. Baking your potatoes before you shred them makes for crispy and delicious hashbrowns! Hash browns make for a tasty and quick meal anytime of day. Enjoy with a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 c. lard, tallow or coconut oil
- 1 tsp. unrefined salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes on straight on your oven rake or in a baking dish. Bake at 375 F for about 45 minutes or until soft when pricked with a fork
- Allow the potatoes to completely cool. Shred on the largest whole on your grater. As the peel falls off set aside to compost or eat separately. If some of the peel grates in that is fine.
- Heat 2 TBS of oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron). Add 1/3 of the potatoes fry for 4 minutes or until crispy brown, flip over and fry for another 4 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 two more times until there are no more shredded potatoes.
- Sprinkle the hash browns with the salt and black pepper and serve.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/06/how-to-make-crispy-hashbrowns.html