Loaded Baked Potato Soup (Needs Everything)
- 6 large russet potatoes, baked, peel and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until almost crisp. Flip once. Remove and set aside for later.
- Add the onion to the pot, sprinkle with salt. Stir occasionally until almost translucent.
- Add the arrowroot powder and mix with the onions. Add 1/2 a cup of broth, stir until the arrowroot is completely dissolved.
- Add 1/2 the potatoes to the pot. Gently pour in the remaining broth.
- Sprinkle in the salt, basil, and thyme.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the remaining potatoes and milk Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the soup is hot.
- Serve and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/03/loaded-baked-potato-soup.html