Simple Homemade Italian Sausage
- 1 lb ground chicken, turkey or pork
- 2 TBS olive oil (if you are using pork you may not need the added oil)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Mix the ground meat, salt, and herbs together in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil to a medium-sized skillet, warm over medium high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot add the meat mixture.
- Stir continuously to break the meat into small pieces. Cook until done, about 5-8 minutes.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/02/simple-homemade-italian-sausage.html