Sizzling Rice Cakes
- 2 cups cold cooked white rice
- 4 cups coconut oil/palm shortening/tallow
- Shape the rice into small flat disks about 2 inches across and 1/4 inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 F for 1 hour or until completely dry.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Break a small piece off of one rice cake. Throw it in the oil. If is puffs up in less than 10 seconds you will know that the oil is hot enough.
- Gently place a rice cake in the oil. Once it puffs remove immediately from the oil. Place on a paper towel or cloth towel to drain.
- Fry only enough rice cakes for the amount of soup that you will be serving.
- Store the remaining rice cakes (if there are any in a glass container) for up to a month. Fry the cakes as needed.
- Add to a hot bowl of soup and listen for the sizzle!
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/02/how-to-make-sizzling-rice-soup.html