How to make homemade real food mayo
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups olive oil (or 1 cup olive oil and 1 cup coconut oil/grape seed oil)
- 2 TBS lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- Place to egg yolks, lemon juice (or vinegar), salt and mustard (if using) in a quart sized mason jar.
- Using the immersion blend, blend until smooth.
- Add the oil(s) slowly, moving the immersion blender up and down until the mayonnaise is thick and fluffy.
- Method two:
- Place all the ingredients in a jar, move the immersion blender up and down until the mayonnaise is thick and fluffy. (This method works for me but some have said it does not turn out thick enough.)
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2015/01/make-homemade-real-food-mayo.html