Real Food Salted Caramel Mocha
- 1 cup raw milk
- ¼ cup strong coffee (or two shots of espresso)
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 1-2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS caramel sauce, warm
- chocolate Whipped Cream
- Pinch of coarse real salt
- Heat the raw milk over low heat. Don't allow the temperature to rise above 110 degrees F or you will kill all the good things in the milk.
- In a mug or small dish mix the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt until you make a thick paste.
- Add the cocoa paste, 1 TBS caramel and coffee/espresso to the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Top with chocolate whipping cream, the remaining caramel sauce and a pinch of salt.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2014/11/real-food-salted-caramel-mocha.html