Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce with Bacon and Rosemary
- 2 cups of butternut squash puree
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup cream or whole milk
- 4 strips of bacon
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- Fry the bacon until crispy until crispy, about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the bacon, add the butter and olive oil.
- Once the butter is melted add the garlic and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Add the butternut squash (or pumpkin), chicken broth, rosemary and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes, stir every few minutes.
- Add the cream or milk, stir and remove from the heat.
- Chopped the bacon and add it to the sauce, reserving two tablespoons for the garnish.
- Serve over pasta or choice. Garnish with additional chopped bacon and rosemary if desired.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2014/09/creamy-butternut-squash-pasta-sauce-bacon-rosemary.html