Triple-Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups raw cream
- 1 cup raw milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or evaporated cane juice)
- 10 organic peppermint sandwich cookies
- 2 organic candy canes
- 1 3oz dark mint chocolate bar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (optional)
- Blend the cream, milk, sugar, arrowroot powder (if using) vanilla and peppermint extracts on high until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a frozen ice cream canister and freeze according to the manufacture's instructions.
- While that is mixing roughly chop the cookies, candy canes and chocolate bar.
- When the ice cream is almost done (around 15 minutes) slowly pour in the chopped candy and cookie pieces. Churn for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to a glass freezer proof dish and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2014/05/triple-mint-cookies-cream-ice-cream.html