Loaded Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin (or other squash) puree
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or peacans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- The day before mix the oats, yogurt, coconut oil and honey together in a bowl. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Allow soaking for 8-24 hours.
- In the morning preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, nuts and cranberries. Stir well until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into greased 8 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve the oatmeal bake on it’s own or pour maple syrup or milk over each serving.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2013/12/loaded-pumpkin-oatmeal-bake-nourishing-progessive-dinner-holidays.html