Slow Cooker Applesauce
- 4 quart slow cooker*
- 12 or so large organic apples
- Remove the stems from the apples. Cut the apples into quarters and remove the cores**. Cut the apples into large chunks.
- Throw in a 4 quart slow cooker and cover with the lid. Cook on high for about four hours.
- You can leave the apple sauce chunky or blend it till it is smooth like I did. Another option is to blend half the apple sauce and leave the rest chunky, mixing the two together. This makes about 2 1/2 quarts.
- * You can also cook this in a large sauce pot on the stove over medium heat. Keep a vigilant eye on the cooking apples to be sure they don't burn or bubble over.
- **If you want you can save your apple cores and peels for making apple cider vinegar. Another option would be to feed them to your chickens or compsot them.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2012/11/slow-cooker-applesauce.html