- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 TSB acid medium (apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or kombucha)
- 1/4 package (about 4oz) brown rice noodles
- 1 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 4 TSB butter
- Combine rice, water and acid medium of choice in a bowl or pot. Cover and let soak for at least 7 hours.
- Drain off water into a measuring cup. Rinse the rice. Add the same amount of chicken broth (plus a little water if necessary) as water drained off. Bring broth to a boil.
- Add the rice, noodles, salt and butter to the pot. Return to a boil and then turn down heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, undisturbed.
- When done turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Fluff and serve.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2012/02/arabic-rice.html