Real Food Zuppa Tuscana Soup
- Real Food Zuppa Tuscan Soup
- serves 6 to 8
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup whole raw milk
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 pound of italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch of kale, finely minced
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook your italian sausage in a soup pot over medium heat until completely cooked and crumbly. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in the soup pot until almost crispy. Remove from the pot and set aside leaving the grease in the pot.
- Add the onions and garlic to the soup pot and cook until soft stirring occasionally. While the onions and garlic and cooking, chop the bacon into tiny pieces.
- Pour in the chicken stock an add the potatoes.
- Put the lid on the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are just almost soft. Add the kale and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Pour in the milk stirring slowly.
- Add the Italian sausage, salt and pepper.
- Return to a simmer and then turn off the heat.
- Serve into individual bowls, garnish with the bacon crumbles and grated parmaesan cheese.
Recipe by Nourishing Simplicity at https://nourishingsimplicity.org/2011/11/real-food-zuppa-tuscana-soup.html