Rich coffee mingling with creamy vanilla and caramel. This simple vanilla caramel latte is the perfect dessert after a meal or savoured over the table with a good friend. It’s also perfect paired with a pumpkin scone.
I love how simple a it is to make many “fancy” coffee drinks in our own homes. It allows us to make treats we enjoy but curb the spending habit. I know that if I didn’t prioritize eating real foods and spending my money and time wisely I could easily find myself getting drinks like this at the coffee shop all the time.
For this vanilla caramel latte I used homemade vanilla extract and homemade caramel sauce. They are both easy to make and last for a long time. It’s great pulling vanilla off the shelf or caramel out of the fridge, using them for whatever I have in mind to make. You can also buy them at the store, just be sure to look for quality products that have a very short ingredient list sans things like corn syrup and caramel color.
- 1 cup raw milk
- ½ cup strong coffee
- 2 TBS caramel sauce
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 5-10 stevia drops if desired
- Extra caramel for drizzling on top
- Pour the milk and caramel sauce into a sauce pot. Stir until the caramel dissolves. Simmer on low until hot.
- Once hot, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot coffee into a mug.
- Use a whisk or milk frother to forth the milk.
- Add the milk to the mug. Top with caramel sauce.