Who doesn’t enjoy an occational drink at the local coffee shop? Even before I truly embraced coffee I enjoyed a special treat once or twice a year. When drinks are that chocolatey and sugary sometimes it’s easy to miss the coffee!
It’s no secret that I love crafting coffee drinks at home. It allows me to have all the flavor but get do away with the less than stellar ingredients you find when you go out.
The last “fancy” coffee I had out was a java chip frapuccino, since that day I have not been able to get it out of my head. Hence where this delightful treat came into play.
It is slightly sweet allowing the coffee to still shine. I like to use coffee ice cubes in my drinks. It really does make all the difference!
- 2 cups raw milk (or milk of choice)
- 8 coffee ice cubes
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 2 TBS mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- vanilla whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Place the milk, coffee ice cubes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired.