I wish I could say that I love to clean…
I am not a fan of cleaning by nature, yet I really enjoy haveing a clean and organized home. I feel at peace, think more clearly, and am more productive when my house is clean.
Over the years I have learned what helps me get going when I don’t feel motivated to clean. What I like about these things is that they are all very simple to put into action, which is a must in my book.
4 Simple Ways to Get Motivated When You Don’t Feel Like Cleaning
1. Listen to Upbeat Music or a Podcast or Audio Book
When I need to get my cleaning game on when I don’t feel motivated putting on something to listen to is always a sure way to get me going. Upbeat, positive music is usually where I start. It’s easy for the whole family to enjoy. I’ve noticed that whatever task it is, I accomplish it more quickly when I have music playing.
Upbeat, positive music is usually where I start. It’s easy for the whole family to enjoy. I’ve noticed that whatever task it is, I accomplish it more quickly when I have music playing.
Another great option is to listen to an audio book or podcast. Saturdays, while I deep clean the bathroom is usually when I get to my favourite podcasts like The Art of Simple and Sorta Awesome.
3. Create a Reward to Look Forward to
If you go into a cleaning task knowing that a reward is waiting at the end, it’s easier to press on. It might be making a cup of tea to savor for a few minutes after cleaning the bathroom. Or maybe it’s a meal out after spending the whole day focused on a specific cleaning task.
It might be making a cup of tea to savor for a few minutes after cleaning the bathroom. Or maybe it’s a meal out after spending the whole day focused on a specific cleaning task. Make the reward fit the effort put forth. You don’t need to have a pizza night just because you cleaned the bathroom just like you don’t a cup of tea may not be
Make the reward fit the effort put forth. You don’t need to have a pizza night just because you cleaned the bathroom just like you don’t a cup of tea may not be motivation enough to press on when you are spending all day going through everyone’s closets.
4. Clean a Little Everyday
Moms this is a life savor! Believe me. (Those of you who aren’t moms, this is important for you too.)
Dedicate a few minutes each morning and evening to tidying up the house. Durning my years in Mexico, it looked like everyone having an assigned task that took them about 10-15 minutes max in the morning, 5 minutes in the afternoon, and 5 minutes before bed. (So we tidied up three times a day…)
Our goal was to leave the house neat so we could enjoy our living space more. As an added bonus, when Saturday, our normal cleaning day came around, there was a lot less to do.
4. Use Fun Scents
I am all for creating my own cleaning products. I am a huge fan of baking soda, white vinegar, and essential oils.
Sometimes, though, you
need want something that smells pretty, is easy to use, and still safe to use at home. Recently I have been using a peppermint scent from Mrs. Myer. Even though it’s still pumpkin season, the peppermint has been making my think of all things winter every time I wash my dishes.
That’s where Grove Collaborative comes in. They are a company dedicated to offering their costumers’ natural products like Mrs. Myers, Dr. Bronner’s, Earth Paste, and Seventh Generation for less. Unless it’s a grocery store, I rarely go shopping at a mortar and brick store.
I am a huge fan of buying most of the things I use in my home online because:
- I don’t have to get out in crowds.
- It’s easier.
- I can generally find better prices.
Products I Purchase from Grove Collaborative:
- Dr. Bronner’s Catile Soap (I dilute it with water for foaming hand soap. I also use it as bath soap.)
- Glass Spray Bottle
- Seventh Generation Chlorine-free Pads (I love my cloth, but sometimes these are nice to have.)
- Acure Organics Shampoo
- Preserve Soft Toothbrush
- Organic Jojoba Oil (I use it as my moisturizer.)
Right now Grove Collaborative has an awesome offer for you!
They have released their holiday scents, Peppermint and Orange Clove. They are sweet, spicy, and delightful!
To make those scents even more fun, new customers will get this FREE holiday kit with your first $20 order:
- Mrs. Myer’s Holiday Hand Soap
- Mrs. Myer’s Holiday Dish Soap
- Mrs. Myer’s Holiday Mult-Surface Spray
- Grove Collaborative Bubble Up
- Free shipping & VIP trial
Existing customer’s get Grove Bubble Up for 50% off!
When you sign up for Grove Collaborative using my link, you’ll get the Mrs. Meyer’s Holiday set for free + free shipping. If you’re already a customer, you’ll get 50% off of the brand new and amazing Grove Collaborative Bubble Up. Don’t forget to sign up for the free VIP trial, too. Not only is the free shipping amazing, you’ll get perks like free gifts, price matching, and personal customer service.
Grove only has a limited number of sets available and the offer ends November 21, so grab yours now! Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here . You’ll receive the Mrs. Meyer’s offer for free when you sign up! If you’re already a customer, you’ll receive the Grove Collaborative Bubble Up for 50% off.
- Answer 4 quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your first basket — this takes under 30 seconds!
- Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products to suit your household needs by adding or removing items.
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive in your first box.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
Bonus tip: Once you’ve submitted your Grove order, be sure to sign up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, you’ll save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service. I can’t recommend it enough!
I generally schedule an order for the products I will use every other month. I have a set basket that I tailored to fit my personal preferences. If I realize I don’t need something yet, I remove it for schedule it to come at a later date.
It is so flexible!