Soaked Rye Biscuits
- 5 cups rye flour
- 10 TBS butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 TBS acid medium (apple cider vinegar, whey, lemon juice, kombuhca or dairy kefir)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
- unbleached white flour
- Mix your rye flour, melted butter, milk and apple cider vinegar and and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Leave on your counter to soak for 12 to 24 hours. The next day add the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Kneed for 5 mintues.
- Roll out to 3/4 in thick on a lightly floured counter top. Use cutter/ glass of your choice to cut the biscuts out. The glass I use is about 2 inches in circumferance. Place on in a ungreased pan, crowd them close togther so that they will be softer and rise higher.
- Bake at 450 dgrees F for 10 minutes.